Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Baby's Make Me Happy....

And VERY sick! Which is why I've been so absent from blogging these past few months! We've finally started announcing that we are pregnant! I'm 14 1/2 weeks and extremely excited to be adding to our family. I guess come February I'll have to change the name of my blog! You never know how it's going to be with each pregnancy, so I was hoping for the best but really expecting the worst. I was very ill with Ruby, but didn't suffer more than a couple of days of sickness with Quin, so it seemed natural that this time around I would be sick again....and boy was I! I've just now started feeling like a normal person again! There were weeks where I would barely make it downstairs with the girls, feed them breakfast and then find my place on the couch for the entire day unless I absolutely HAD to get up. It all seems like a blur now, I kind of don't know how we did it, but we did! Watching WAY more tv than we ever have in our lives! Ruby is absolutely ecstatic that we're having another baby and from day one has been convinced without wavering that it's a boy. We found out on Saturday that it IS indeed a boy & are all overjoyed with the happy news. Adam's been outnumbered all this time and I think he's excited to have a little buddy to play football with. Although, I'm convinced he'll end up being a musician or artist and won't like sports :)
I don't really know why, but it's been a really rough pregnancy for me in more ways than being sick. I've been very emotional and worried. I'm always worried when I'm pregnant, but I just keep hearing story after story about horrible things happening and become increasingly more afraid. I hate that fear & I know ultimately that God has this baby and our future in His hands, so I'm trying to let go. It just seems like with each of my pregnancies I become more fearful. Pray for me if you think about it! 
It's funny how with the third pregnancy your body knows exactly what to do. I popped out instantly! I cannot believe how pregnant I look already. The picture below of my belly is from a couple weeks ago, so I'm even bigger now! I look more like I'm 20 something weeks than 14!! 
 It still absolutely amazes me how a baby grows! Ruby & I LOVE looking at our weekly growth chart and reading about the changes in our little guy. Ruby saw this picture and said "Awww. He's cute. He doesn't have any hair! He's just a boy, mom." This was a few days before we found out. 
 And here is one of our ultrasound pictures. Definitely different than my girl ultrasound pictures!! :) 
 We announced it to our family with carrot cake! My sister made an adorable video that I'll share too! 



6 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh, Emerald & Toodles ADORED the video...T danced though the whole thing :) I will be praying for you sweet girl. Totally get the fear thing, that was a major struggle for me too. I will be praying for you, and the girls will remind me when I forget (anything infant related is the hot topic around here). He will be a prince of a man-child, for sure. Oh my, can't wait to see just how beautiful he is going to be. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annie! You & your girls are just so precious!

      Delete
  2. So cute lindsay. I too had the major fear thing with Grady's pregnancy. I think I kept thinking because I already have two healthy children something will have to go wrong with this one, but God is good and has a perfect plan for you and this baby, just keep reminding yourself of that. And even though one of my biggest fears came true with Grady's birth, God totally had his hand in the whole situation. Congratulations to you and your little fam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I think that's really a big part for me....it doesn't seem possible to have that many kids without something happening! Thanks for the encouragement! Your new little one is adorable!

      Delete
  3. ah so exciting!

    i am praying for you like for real.
    for peace and rest in Him.

    congrats on another precious baby:)
    what a little gift!

    ReplyDelete