Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Beach Day

 Saturday was just absolutely gorgeous outside! I love it when my hubby is home, the kids are happy as can be and the sun is shinning! Who could think of a better way to start the day off than by eating BACON! I tell ya, even if I was ever a vegetarian (which will never happen), I'd still eat bacon. We got up, hung out and after Adam got back from his mountain biking, we mosied on down to the beach that's walking distance from my house. It is my favorite beach of all time, so I'm happy how close we live to it! It wasn't crowded at all when we first arrived, so we plopped right down and set up camp. When you have a two year old and a new little one, the beach can seen so daunting. At least for me. It's something I wouldn't do alone, but with Adam there it was quite relaxing. I got to lay out  a bit and Quin was so thrilled to be outside! She loves the outdoors! She was such a good little thing hanging out on the blanket in the shade of the umbrella. Ruby of course was instantly drawn to the water. I'm probably the most anti being in the ocean person you'll ever come across. Wouldn't you know, that is completely opposite of my husband who is a fish and a surfer. His ultimate day would be to go mountain biking and then surfing. He will spend hours out in the water where as the thought of that frightens me. I sort of imagine things being under me that probably aren't, but MAYBE just MAYBE there IS a shark under me. You just can't say. It's to unpredictable for me, as are the waves. I got sucked under by the current once when I was about 11 or 12. I think I've only been in the ocean once or twice since then. (When I went to Hawaii I made an exception.) Ruby wanted to go in the water so I took her down there and put my feet in. She literally dragged me out deeper until the waves were crashing on her. The bigger the better in her opinion. She loved it when they would crash up to her face and I would have to pull her up so she didn't get dunked and she would just laugh and laugh. At one point she grabbed my hand and said "I got you mama! Ruby go swimming!" It was so fun watching her have a ball. I got burned on one shoulder. Always lovely. And there will be no pictures of me in a bathing suite.



No comments:

Post a Comment