Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Pumpkin Patch


This post should really be entitled "Camping" but our trip ended up being a bust and we only made it through one night of the long weekend planned. Unfortunately, I knew that would happen! Quin is literally the impossible child, and with her being 17 months old, (in my opinion the worst age) it seemed like a recipe for disaster to go tent camping! And it was. I was awake All. Night. Long. 
Quin wanted to just lay on top of me and of course I didn't sleep a wink between her squirming, talking, laughing, crying, playing, whimpering, screaming and randomly sleeping. On top of the fact that being awake in itself was horrendous, our air mattress sprung a leak and after only a couple of hours, we were all on the hard ground. Perfect ending to a perfect night. All I can say is, Friday night, after a hot shower, being in my own bed with my pregnancy pillow felt like the best thing that ever happened. 

Since we ended up with a nice free weekend, we decided we should take advantage of lounging, cleaning and going to the pumpkin patch and Disney Land. The pumpkin patch we went to was AMAZING! Seriously, I cannot believe something so amazing could be that close to my house! It was absolutely beautiful with rolling hills and a gazillion things to do. The girls absolutely loved it! We got to go on a wagon ride and enjoyed the petting zoo as well as a hawaiian shave ice. Yum! The ONLY thing I was bummed about is the fact that it was almost 90 degrees. I wanted it to feel like fall when we went to the pumpkin patch and carved our pumpkins. Oh well! Can't complain since we really did have a great time. 












No comments:

Post a Comment