Wednesday, June 12, 2013

New Dinner's

Been very lazy on the "new foods" front in recent months. Largely due to the fact that I just had a baby...you know. Trying to get back on the bandwagon over here & really enjoying trying some new recipes. For pictures of all my food & desserts check out my instagram! My name is instayum ;)

#1 FAVORITE (so far!) is Laila Ali's Chicken & gravy with Rice Pilaf!
Of course, if you know me you'll know I can't make ANYTHING according to the actual recipe....
instead of using water for both the rice & the gravy portion of the recipes I used chicken stock. I also added a pack of organic crimini mushrooms into the pan after I finished browning the chicken. Adam gave this a 5 star rating. LOVED IT!



#2. Close Runner up would be One Pot Mustard Chicken & Rice
Seriously yummy & addicting! (Noticing a trend with super simple one pot meals? What can I say?)
I do not add capers because I just don't like them. I also put my green beans in the same time it tells you to add the chicken back in or else they are crunchy & I cook it for 10 minutes longer than it says because I feel like the rice is underdone if you don't. 


Those are my only recipes that actually have links.... another fun yummy treat was the vegan Naan bread I made! It is really yummy! 

1 pack active dry yeast
1 cup warm water
1 TBS sugar
3 TBS non dairy unsweetened milk
1 ener-g egg
1/4 cup spectrum shortening or non dairy butter spread, melted
1 1/2 tsp salt
3 1/2 cups bread flour

Directions

            1. In the pan of your bread machine, dissolve yeast in 1 cup of warm water with the 1 TBS sugar. Let stand about 10 minutes, until frothy. Add milk, ener-g egg, shortening/butter, salt, and flour. Turn bread machine on dough cycle. 
            2. Once dough cycle is over, take dough out and break into golfball size balls. Place balls onto a baking sheet, cover with towel and let rest for 30 minutes. Should just about double in size. 
            3. Once dough has risen, pat or roll out until flat. Put a little oil into hot frying pan and cook on both sides until browned. 







And...I will finish off with a product recommendation! Ancient Harvest Quinoa pasta! I've been making a lot of spaghetti with meat sauce lately & this pasta is so good! Gluten free, vegan, organic, gmo free....just wonderful! 


I will try to write up some of my original recipes when I get a chance for some dishes I've been making lately so I can post more recipe ideas for you!


No comments:

Post a Comment