Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Organic

Going organic has been a LONG time coming for me! I would always buy whatever I saw on sale that was organic, and more recently I would try a little harder to buy certain products organic, but I was never 100%. Now, I'm OBSESSED. My best friend Amy has been organic for almost two years & my sister (read her blog!) also eats largely organic, especially meats, so they helped convince me that it's the only way! It honestly took me so long for one reason. Cost. I am such a coupon shopping, deal seeking, frugal kind of person....so it's hard for me to spend twice or three times the price for something. Here were the determining factors that put me over the edge and made me go all the way.

1. GMO's! I cannot stop thinking about it! Once you look into genetic modification of foods, you will be disgusted. I want to say "it's better not to know", but it's not. You SHOULD know what you and your family are eating. We are consuming genetically altered, test tube, lab rat, unnatural food! NOT EVEN REAL!  Don't even get me started on what they're starting to do to chickens now.....

2. Chemicals, pesticides, fertilizers.... do you realize how much of those things you consume on a daily basis? We're all going to die of cancer.

3. I can still get good deals shopping sales & using coupons! Fresh & Easy has a great variety of organic food! While their produce is somewhat limited, they do have a little & what I can't get there I can get at Sprouts for a good price! Anything extra I need I buy through VITACOST which is my favorite online food source! I will also occasionally go to Whole Foods when I absolutely cannot find something I need somewhere else.

4. I've decided it's better to support the farmers and companies who are DOING THINGS RIGHT! That dollar more is supporting a good cause, a hard working person & someone who is trying very hard to get better, natural products to consumers though it's very difficult for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment