Saturday, December 31, 2011

Ruby Recap

Ruby's vocabulary has grown by leaps and bounds this past month! I literally cannot believe she is only two. Such a smart little munchkin and extremely intuitive! She says things I can't believe she can even comprehend! Quite frankly, sometimes I forget she is TWO and I have to remind myself to not expect more from her! She LOVES her baby sister and I'm so proud of what a good big sister she is. She's always babying Quin and being very sweet with her! (most of the time!) She loves having a play companion around and has really adapted well. Our biggest struggle at the moment is bed time! Ruby has decided she doesn't want to go to bed until we do and she wants to sleep in our bed. Sigh.
Ruby enjoyed Christmas immensely and keeps talking about it still. She will randomly say "IT'S ALMOST CHRISTMAS!" in the most excitable tone, and I keep trying to tell her it's come and gone, but she argues because she doesn't want that to be true. She has such a good sense of humor and totally gets the difference between "real" things and jokes. She is constantly laughing and saying "that's silly!" when something amuses her. It usually ends up being her daddy who is the joker. She thinks he's quite hilarious. She is really into the ABC song right now, but doesn't know all of the letters. It's so cute to hear her sing. She loves to sing and does it all the time and it makes my heart melt. One of my favorite things she says when she doesn't like something is; "Mom? That's creepy!" She weighed in at 30lbs last time we checked and she is a solid little thing. Our little brick. She is a girl after mommy's own heart in that she love, love, loves to eat. She enjoys helping me bake the most of anything else. She thinks it's perfectly amazing that you can put all the ingredients in a bowl and make cookies! She waits on baited breathe until it's time to lick the egg beaters. Lately she's been "reading" books to us (or herself) and it is just the CUTEST! I cannot believe what a good memory she has since she's obviously reciting the books from memory. She really is a delightful little one full of laughter and joy. I wish she wasn't growing up so fast! 
 Her favorite place to be....
 We looked over and she was lining up the little colored men with the card that matched

 Hanging out with uncle Zac who she loves!
 Decorating our Charlie Brown
 Look at those eyes!
 A day when she wouldn't nap and then finally crashed out on the floor. Stinker!
 "Helping" bake cookies
 Using my candlestick as a microphone for her singing
 Looking through one of my cookbooks with as much love and enjoyment as me when I look through it
 Ruby got naked and tried to fit inside her stocking only to yell "Help! Help! I'm stuck!" as she fell over....

 Here she found a little sample tube of foundation I left sitting on the kitchen table. Tisk, Tisk mama.
 Baking gingerbread cookies!
 Cruising




No comments:

Post a Comment