Thursday, May 24, 2012

Old Friends

I love those friends where time can pass where you don't speak, but once you see them again it's as though not a day has gone by that you haven't been together. They are what I call (or better yet what Anne calls) Kindred Spirits. I have been blessed to have quite a few in my time, two of whom whether near or far, will always remain close to my heart. Sarah & Rachel Yardley, sisters extraordinaire!


I met Sarah in 2001, just after my 16th birthday. We were going on a church mission trip to Europe and connected immediately. Really though, if you knew Sarah, (and you just might since I think she has 10,000 friends) you would know how easy she is to talk to!  Here we are together on our trip. I don't know that I've had more fun in my adolescent life than I did on that trip!




I met Rachel after coming back from that trip with Sarah. There may be disputes about the first time we actually met,  (which I'm NOT remembering at this moment) but all I know is that it was love at first sight. Here I am with Rachel at my sister's bridal shower in 2003. I was 17 or maybe had JUST turned 18.


In 2008 Rach and I got to have our Europe trip together! It was only fair I went to Europe with each of these girls. To bad it couldn't have been with both at the same time!


No matter where we've been in our lives, we have always kept in touch and always re-connected. I was so happy to hear that Rachel is getting married this year! The ONLY thing that made me sad was finding out that she is going to be moving to the Middle East with the man of her dreams. Of course I'm happy for her, and I know I will see her again, but my heart is saddened to have such a wonderful girl so far away. I got to see Sarah & Rachel a couple weeks ago at a friend's birthday party & it was a hilarious evening filled with screaming, laughing and a little dancing waiter named Jose who wasn't supposed to be dancing. 


Though the years we've had lots of fun times together at birthday parties, weddings, showers of all sorts, family events, dinner parties, trips, church etc......
and I love them dearly. 







This is just a typical Lindsay/Rachel screaming moment

No comments:

Post a Comment