Saturday, March 9, 2013

Bringing Home The Baby

The hospital MADE me stay.....I begged every nurse I saw to let me go home and they would not! So while we were stuck at the hospital, my parent's watched Ruby & Quin. They of course had a FANTASTIC time with Grandma and Grandpa. I on the other hand was laying in an uncomfortable hospital bed sleeplessly for two days and a night. All I wanted to do was go home to my own bed and get to be with the girls. Adam and I basically just watched HGTV while I ate my fill of rabbit pellet ice chips. It was so ridiculously boring and tiring all at the same time. When they FINALLY released us, we drove through in 'n out and then headed home. We decided to leave the girls one more night with my mom and dad and then picked them up on Saturday. Ruby could not wait to meet Dean! It was the sweetest thing ever watching her finally see his face. She keeps repeatedly telling me "we didn't know what he was going to look like, but now we DO!! He's SOOOOO cute!!!" She is beyond excited to have a baby brother. I was quite worried about Quin since she's been the baby, but she LOVES him beyond and has done great with him. She loves holding him and isn't jealous at all which is amazing. I was also worried his crying would wake her up, but so far so good! He is two weeks old as of yesterday, and although it's not "easy" we are adjusting. The little munchkin is waking up every couple of hours at night, but he's the sweetest little guy. The girls and I just take turns holding him, staring at him and giving him kisses. Adam only took the two days we were at the hospital off work, so I've been getting used to the daily routine with three. It's such a priveledge to be a mom and get to raise these amazing, beautiful kids. I wouldn't trade it.

Here is Ruby holding Dean for the first time!







No comments:

Post a Comment