Saturday, March 24, 2012

New House

In January we found out the apartment two doors over was opening up and we decided that it would be an awesome thing for us to live there! Although I HATE moving, there is something quite cleansing about it. You are forced to sort through every cupboard and drawer, clean out the closets and overall junk things that you really don't need but you keep telling yourself you need. I cannot believe how much stuff we accumulated that we never use. We were able to get into the new apartment a month before we actually had to be out of our place, so we had some opportunity to fix things up a bit, repaint and clean. Thank goodness because the new apartment needed a major face-lift. Adam tore out the shower and re-tiled that which was the greatest thing EVER since I wouldn't have taken a shower or given the girls a bath in there for my life. I cannot tell you how stressful it was to try and do all the things that needed to be done with two little kiddos! I was trying to paint and keep them entertained which is nearly impossible. ESPECIALLY Quin who was not tolerant to being put in the play pen. It's like trying to cage a wild beast! We painted EVERYTHING! Baseboards, door jams, every wall in every room.....and I can truthfully say I never want to paint again. EVER. Now that's it's completely done and I'm sitting in my new living room, I can say it was all worth it. We gained a ton more storage space and a downstairs bathroom. Not to mention new carpet and fresh paint always makes it feel nice and clean! I love our new little bungalow and now all I need is for this 80 degree weather to go away so I can have more fires in my new fireplace!


 Before and after Fireplace


 Before and after of the bathroom!



 Before and after of the shower!

 Before & after of the living room (not the best pics because I used my phone!)


Moving the piano up the stairs was quite a challenge! 

  
Sunset from our patio! From my bedroom window I have an ocean view! :) 


1 comment:

  1. it looks beautiful! you guys did a great job! i love before and after pictures. :)

    ReplyDelete