Sunday, July 3, 2011

A+L

I guess if I'm going to be telling you about my life now, we should go back to the beginning for some background. Five years ago (almost exactly) I met this guy with long hair who looked more like he belonged in 1975 than 2006. He was funny. Real funny. A couple months after we met, he asked me to go to a concert with him, but only after stating that his friend had cancelled and he couldn't find anyone else to go....some two months later we were "official," he proposed the next summer and we were married the fall of 2007. Our first apartment or "love nest" was small, but we thought it was fabulous. At first. For about one month. When I realized you could hear the guy upstairs peeing, that may have been the moment the blissful "just married" blinders fell from my eyes. Although we have a lot of wonderful memories of our first apartment, we were so very thrilled when we got a call from Adam's uncle who told us that the unit next to them had opened up in our FAVORITE beach city three blocks from the most gorgeous beach in Southern California (my opinion!)! Three days before we moved out of our place I had a knock on my door. I opened it to find this large and goofy boyish looking "man" who said "Hi. I'm your new neighbor next door. If you guys have any noise complaints or anything is bothering you, can you please come tell us first before you report us? Oh and you guys are welcome to come over and party ANY time!" Needless to say, we couldn't wait to move! We have now been in our "beach bungalow" for more than three years & we don't ever want to leave. My balcony overlooks Pacific Coast Highway (you get used to the noise) and we are a hop, skip & a jump away from the ocean. It's almost comical that we live in this neighborhood, considering most of the houses start at 1.5 million!  (That's for the one & two bedroom places that haven't been redone.) Sometimes I imagine myself in one of those mansions, but really, I'm completely content with my adorable hubby & two beautiful babies in our little two bedroom one (very pink) bath.






No comments:

Post a Comment