Monday, July 4, 2011

Happy 4th!

The fourth of July may just be my favorite Holiday, only second to Christmas. (No competing with Jesus!) I love the hot weather, the festivity, food, friends, family and fireworks. I always get a bit nostalgic on the fourth of July because it's a holiday that growing up I always spent at my grandma's house. It's been 10 years since she passed away, but I still remember how fun it was to go swimming all day at her pool and then going to the park by the Naval Base to watch the fireworks show. Magical! Another very memorable fourth included a friend lighting off a firework that didn't quite make it on the path it was intended to go. It shot off but immediately circled around only a couple feet off the ground and came RIGHT for me. I dove off my lawn chair and hit the ground face first. Oh, the taste of grass and dirt.
The past two years were extremely uneventful since in 2009 I was HUGE, pregnant and miserable and expecting to go into labor at any second. I didn't even leave my house except to take a walk and immediately regretted it when I realized how hot and crowded it was by the beach. Last year we hung out at my parent's house and Ruby was still a baby!  This year we're on the cusp of Ruby's second birthday & little Quin is just about two months old! We're excited to be going to our friend's gigantic block party down by the beach. A few of them have kids now, so it will be lots of fun! My best friend Gina has a little boy just a year and a half older than Ruby & a baby girl who is three weeks younger than Quin. So excited for Ruby to experience this wonderful holiday & to hang out with great friends. We're very thankful for our independence and so blessed to live somewhere that we are free!
I'll be posting picture of our festivities soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment