Thursday, September 22, 2011

Catch Up!

Gosh I can't believe how many pictures I need to post! I look through them all & can't decide which ones to put up. Having an iphone is a good and a bad thing in the way of pictures. Good because it's so convenient and I snap a million pictures of random little things. Bad because since I got my iphone, I haven't gotten out the "real" camera. Lately I haven't been up to much. Shocking, right? I'm DYING for a date night, which I think we will get next week. I really want to go see a movie and get dinner. Actually, to be honest, it's not really worth getting dinner out anymore. I can't eat anything, so whatever I do end up getting is so awful it's not worth spending money on. The only thing we've found that works for my diet it in 'n out but I'm kind of tired of that right now. Ok, scratch getting dinner, but seeing a movie still sounds nice. :) I told Adam I feel like my brain cells are dying. I forget what I'm going to say all the time. My brain feels like a mushy bowl of oatmeal sometimes. More than loosing brain cells it's probably due to lack of sleeping. Between the two girls we haven't gotten a decent nights sleep in, well, since Quin was born on May 9th. I don't mind it really, but she's getting to an age where waking up as much as she does STILL is kind of ridiculous. She is the world lightest sleeper and it's wearing on us. We are walking on pins and needles at all moments with this one. I've never known a child to be so jumpy awake and asleep. Ruby has also decided lately that being in our bed is just to fun. We've always kept the rule that no kids go to bed with us. If she wakes up in the early morning and wants to jump in we don't mind the cuddles. But initially she has to be in her own bed. She has been waking up a lot around 4:30am and crying. She will then come into our room and when I asked her why she'll say "I was scared." I asked her what scared her and she says "the bunny." Okay, not quite nightmare material, but you never known what's going on in their little heads. I do really miss my evenings alone with Adam. Eating cereal (our snack food of choice) and watching movies.....seems like it's been so long since both girls have been in bed early enough for us to watch a movie un-inturrupted. By the time we get them both asleep we're wiped out and ready to hit the hay ourselves. It's funny how redundant these days are, but oh my goodness, I know someday I'll miss this. Is that weird? To already be sad about missing something you aren't missing yet? ha! Maybe you know what I mean! I want to enjoy every single moment I have with my precious little ones. I can't tell you the joy that fills my heart up full to the brim when I look at their little faces. Seeing them smile and look so adoringly at me and Adam. It reminds me of being a little child and how I felt about my parents. The pure joy and fun of every single day. It's all so exciting and I love re-living it through them. I do miss the ME time, but I'm happy to put it on the back burner for now. I get the feeling these years will go by to quickly and I don't want them to grow up. Woah, I'm getting a little to emotional! Must be time to sleep!! Yup, it's 10pm. Past my bedtime!! I'll leave you with some pictures and a "goodnight!" 

Here is Ruby "helping" me bake 
 My little chubby snuggle buns right before she fell asleep! Such a love!
 I can't handle the sweet chunky-ness! She found her feet and it's just to presh!
 Ruby with daddy at the beach
 It was 6pm and 80 degrees!! YIKES! Such a nice evening to be outdoors!
 Quin doesn't quite know what to think with Ruby sometimes.....she is already afraid.

 I love, love, love her beautiful eyes!
 Ruby's favorite new thing is having tea parties! We are going to have such fun when she's older!
 She asks for french fries and meat. My girl.
 Grandma and Quinny boo! Love our family time!
 All the girls. They are such a sweet bunch. Can't wait for slumber parties!

 Game night!
 NOTHING sweeter!
 My heart melts. LOVE.


 How gorgeous is this child!
 My favorite face in the whole world!!
 Rubes wanted to wear a "towel hat" just like mommy

 A rare picture of me with Adam!

No comments:

Post a Comment