Monday, September 26, 2011

The Weekend!

I can't even tell you how long it's been since my sister (Ashley) and I got to hang out and run around! She lives a bit over an hour away from me, and with all of the craziness and kids, we rarely get to do "our own thing." Even though Ruby was with us, that was five less kids than usual, so it was a big difference! She had to work out here, so she drove out for work and then stayed the night at my house :) I don't think that's EVER happened! You have to know, she's been married for eight years and has four children!! She got married four years before me and had two kids by the time I got married and four kids by the time I had my first! Needless to say, our lives were in different directions for many, many years! BUT now we're on the same track which is wonderful, just a lot busier! Growing up we were inseparable. Ashley was fine without me, but I couldn't do anything without her. I needed the guidance and direction and she was really good at being bossy. As we got older I still didn't like to do things without her (we are only 13 months apart!). It was hard for me when she left for college when I was 16. She was gone for one year and I had to find my own two feet. A year later, I joined her at the same college, so we got to spend a semester together there and then her fourth (my second) semester she went to and extension campus in England and got engaged while she was there. Other than coming home to pack her stuff, she never moved back in our house after that and was married three months later. The good thing was that I still had a whole other year of school left and she lived on campus with her new husband! We got to spend lots and lots of time hanging out in their little apartment over the theatre and coffee shop on campus. We got a good 9 months in before her first baby was born! That leads us back to where we are now. Kids and busy-ness! All that to say.....I had so much fun this weekend!!!!!! 
The girls just LOVE their Auntie Ashley. Rubes is obsessed with her mini van and wanted to take turns sitting in all of the kids carseats!

We took a little trip to Portola for some coffee since NOWHERE else is open on a Saturday evening but bars and coffee shops! Seriously, kind of strange that shops close at 7pm! It took forever to get our coffee, but it wasn't a big deal because we enjoyed looking at everything & hearing the live music! Super nitchy little place, and the coffee was indeed delicious, although not my 1st choice since they don't have almond milk & I cannot have soy or dairy!! I had to bring my coffee home and put my own cream in it and by that time....well, it just wasn't quite how I'd hoped!
They had a super awesome Airstream, which is our dream to own!! Ash and Rubes did a great job modeling in it!
Then this happened. Yes, I had quarters on my shoulder. I have NO idea how I didn't feel it, but my sister pointed it out and I cried with laughter over this ridiculous-ness.
Here is my little fashionista.


We have matching pj's and we accidentally both wore them at the same time. What are the chances??
Sunday we went to Maddie's bridal shower. I've known maddie since she was in her mommy's tummy, so this was so weird for me! It's kind of insane to be so "grown up" now days. I still feel like I'm 22. No matter what, I just can't believe I'm old enough that my littlest brothers best friend growing up is getting married! Where has the time gone?
Can I just take a moment to say that I LOVE my sisters?? Aren't they just gorgeous!?

I love this picture for so many reasons. It shows my dearest friends who get me and love me and who I've known forever! They make me so happy and I enjoy hanging out so very much! I wish every weekend could be so fun filled!


No comments:

Post a Comment